- Yield: 12 Servings
- Total Time: 2 Hours 45 Minutes
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 cups butter (melted)
- 40 sheets filo pastry (thawed)
- 1½ almond (ground)
- 3½ cups walnut (chopped)
How to Make It
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and grease a 9x13 inches pan.
- Add the walnuts and sugar in a bowl and mix. Find another bowl and add 2 cups of butter (reserve 2 tablespoons for later) and the ground almonds. Mix.
- Put 2 filo sheets into a pan (Cover the rest to prevent them from drying up). Coat it with2 tablespoons of the almond and butter combination. Replicate this process 4 more times. Apply half of the walnut mixture on the 11th filo sheet.
- Put another 2 filo sheets on the walnut mixture, coat with 2 tablespoons of the almond mixture. Replicate this four more times.
- Apply the remaining walnut mixture. As you do this, press the dough gently. Put another 2 filo sheets on the top and coat with 2 tablespoons of the almond mixture. Replicate four more times. Now, put the remaining 8 filo sheets on top.
- Apply the 2 tablespoons of butter you kept earlier on the remaining filo sheets. Use a knife to cut Baklava in to small diamond shapes.
- Leave it to bake for 30 minutes, Afterwards, reduce the heat to 275 F. Leave it for two hours.
- After it is done, leave it to cool before you serve.