Take these five ingredients and blitz yourself a raw, vegan chocolate brownie in no time at all!
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 cups (300 g) cashews
- ¾ cup (120 g) walnuts
- 1 cup (110 g) raw cacao powder
- ⅔ cup (100 g) soft dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- agave or pure maple syrup, to taste (optional)
- deep, 22 x 15-cm/9 x 6-inch baking pan or container, lined with baking parchment (optional)
How to Make It
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until they are well combined and you have a smooth and rather sticky paste. If it is too dry, add 2 or more tablespoons of agave or maple syrup.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared baking pan and smooth level with your hands. If you don’t have the correct size of pan, lay a sheet of clingfilm/plastic wrap on a board, scrape the mixture onto the sheet and shape it with your hands into a rough rectangle about 2.5 cm/1 inch thick. Wrap in clingfilm/plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before cutting into 6 squares to serve.