- Yield: 2 Dozen
- ¼ cup (60 g) packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (235 ml) rice milk, safe milk alternative, or apple juice
- ¼ cup (85 g) honey
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup (125 g) Bob’s Red Mill brown rice flour
- 1 cup (100 g) rice bran
- ½ cup (56 g) flax meal
- 1 1 tablespoon (14 g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (2.3 g) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (165 g) packed sulfite-free raisins, chopped dates, or dried cranberries
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- Stir together the brown sugar, rice milk, honey, oil, and salt. Add the fl our and next 4 ingredients (through cinnamon). Stir together for about 30 seconds. Stir in the raisins.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33-cm) baking pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until fi rm in the center. Let cool. Cut into bars or squares.