The night that Belle arrives at the Beast’s castle, her grief is so great that she refuses to eat. The invisible cooks use all of their creative culinary gifts to bring back her smile and appetite.
- Yield: 8 tartlets
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
- 9 oz shortcrust pastry (from your bakery/cake shop) Flour for your work surface
- 3½ oz porcini mushrooms
- 3 shallots
- 2 tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper
- 1¾ oz butter, melted
How to Make It
- It can be a little disconcerting not to be able to see the servants when they have been rendered invisible under a spell. That is why it is recommended to prepare this recipe yourself.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry on a floured surface and cut out circles 1¼ inches wider than the diameter of your tartlet pans.
- Place the circles of pastry in the pans, crimping the edges for decoration. Place a piece of parchment paper inside the pastry shells, pour ½ inch of ceramic baking beans or dried beans on top of each, and bake blind for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim the base of the mushrooms, brush them carefully, clean with a damp cloth, and slice them thinly.
- Peel the shallots and chop them finely. Mix them with the breadcrumbs, egg, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the tartlets from the oven, and remove the pieces of parchment paper and beans. Fill the tartlet cases with the shallot and breadcrumb mixture, lay the mushroom slices on top, and brush with melted butter. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm.