Zesty Cranberry Sauce is as perfect a companion served warm with holiday dinners as it is served cold in summertime. As a bonus, this fruity side dish fills the whole house with a heavenly smell while it simmers. Serve it chunky or blend it to the consistency you like.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 Hours
- 4 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Label a 1-gallon freezer bag, place it in another large bowl, and pour in the mixture. Squeeze the remaining air out of the bag and seal it. Lay the bag flat to freeze. Serving Day
- Allow the sauce to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. On serving day, pour the mixture into the slow cooker, cover it, and cook on low for about 8 hours.