Fish is a wonderful source of protein and the essential fatty acids that will aid in detoxification.
- Yield: 10 fish cakes
- 1 lb frozen haddock or pollock fillets, thawed
- 1 cup almond or hazelnut flour, divided
- ½ cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp dried dill or ¼ cup chopped fresh
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds, ground
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 tsp pink rock or gray sea salt
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tbsp Julie’s Curry Powder
How to Make It
- Place the thawed fish in a colander and press to remove excess liquid. Transfer the fish to a bowl and, using two forks, tear into flakes.
- Add ¾ cup of the nut flour and the rest of the ingredients, including curry powder and celery if using, and stir well.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the mixture into eight ¼-cup portions, using your hands to shape each into a ½-inch-thick patty.
- Place on the baking sheet, and sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup nut flour on top of the patties until well coated.
- Bake the for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with the Super Guac.