- Yield: 4 litres
- Total Time: 1 Hour
- 2 litres Bone Broth
- 950 ml filtered water
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 450 g green beans, roughly chopped
- 2 courgettes (zucchini), roughly chopped
- 1 bunch leafy greens (like kale or chard), stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 5 cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 lemon juice (about 2 tbsp), for serving
- 1 avocado, peeled, destoned and thinly sliced, for garnish
How to Make It
- Place the bone broth, water, sweet potatoes and salt in a large stockpot and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Turn off the heat and add the green beans, courgette and leafy greens. Cover and let the soup sit for a few minutes, so that the vegetables soften a little but don’t cook. Add the garlic and ginger.
- Blend the soup in batches and transfer it to another large pot. Reheat gently.
- Serve with additional salt as needed, a squeeze of lemon juice and avocado slices.