All you need is a handful of parsley and a small red onion and the rest is straight from the locker. This simple, punchy, sustaining salad makes a regular appearance for lunch when we’re at sea and is a good one to rustle up when you have unexpected company. You can play around with the ingredients, too – add a few sun-dried tomatoes, and stir in a bag of rocket or watercress.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 x 200 g tin tuna, drained
- 1 x 280 g jar marinated artichoke hearts in olive oil, drained
- 1 x 400 g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped extra virgin olive or rapeseed oil, to drizzle
- Salt and black pepper
- Flake the tuna into a bowl. Add the artichokes, beans, onion and parsley and combine.
- Season, and serve with a generous drizzle of olive oil.