- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 papaya
- 1 mango
- 1 pineapple
- 4 oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- 4½ oz/125 g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Light or heavy cream, to serve (optional)
For the Syrup Dressing
- 6 tbsp superfine sugar
- 1¾ cups water
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- grated rind of ½ lemon
How to Make It
- Put the sugar, water, allspice, and lemon rind into a pan. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously, then continue to boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Transfer to a pitcher or bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Peel and halve the papaya and remove the seeds. Cut the flesh into small chunks or slices, and put into a large bowl. Cut the mango twice lengthwise, close to the stone. Remove and discard the stone. Peel and cut the flesh into small chunks or slices, and add to the bowl. Cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple and remove the hard skin. Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise, then into quarters, and remove the tough core. Cut the remaining flesh into small pieces and add to the bowl. Add the orange segments and strawberries.
- Pour over the chilled syrup, cover with plastic wrap, and chill until required. Serve with light or heavy cream, if using.