I like to take a handful or two of this mix when I’m travelling to town for meetings and won’t have the chance to eat a proper meal. It’s true, a simple pile of fresh nuts would do the job perfectly well, but the addition of sultanas and dark chocolate make it more indulgent, and I’m all for that! It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks if you’re very strong willed.
- Yield: 3 cups
- 1½ cups (240 g) mixed raw nuts (hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, walnuts, almonds, pecans, macadamias etc.)
- 3 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes
- ½ cup (80 g) sultanas
- ½ cup (95 g) good-quality dark chocolate (70%) chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan-forced).
- Place the mixed nuts on a baking tray and cook for 8–10 minutes or until golden. Pour into a clean tea towel and rub off the skins while still warm. Set aside to cool.
- Place the pepitas and coconut flakes on separate baking trays and toast for 5 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Place the nuts, pepitas and coconut flakes in a bowl. Stir through the sultanas and chocolate chips. Store in a zip-lock bag or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.