Versatile and easy to prepare, this simple salad of tomatoes, red onion, and mozzarella bursts with vibrant colors and delicious Italian flavors.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 8 ripe plum tomatoes, sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- handful of fresh basil, torn
- extra-virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 handfuls of arugula
- balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
- 2 balls of reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, torn
How to Make It
- Place the tomatoes, onion, and half of the basil in a bowl. Drizzle with plenty of olive oil, season well, and toss to coat.
- Arrange the arugula on a serving plate and drizzle with a little oil and some balsamic vinegar. Season and spoon the tomato and basil mixture on top. Add the torn mozzarella. Sprinkle over the remaining basil, and drizzle again with a little oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately.