These were one of my favorite hand-held treats when I was little. With my kids I use fun cookie cutters to make little treats, and I munch on the end pieces! You can replace the oil with sunflower butter for a heartier snack.
- Yield: 12 pieces
- 4 pieces safe bread
- 1 tablespoon (13 g) raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon (2.6 g) ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive, canola, or vegetable oil
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Lay the bread on a flat, clean surface. Mix together sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Place oil in a seperate bowl.
- Dip a pastry brush in the oil and coat each piece of bread. Generously sprinkle sugar mixture over the the oiled bread.
- Use small cookie cutters to cut shapes out of the bread, using as much of the bread as possible. If you do not have cookie cutters, use a small drinking glass turned upside down to use as a cookie cutter, or cut bread into finger-size sticks.
- Place shapes on a greased baking sheet.
- Broil for about 7 minutes. You may need to move toast around the baking sheet for even toasting. Remove to a fl at surface to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.