This is definitely a recipe for a vegetarian. Nadia would need a chicken leg with it. And that’s the beauty of it: it’s the perfect dish for a mixed family of veggies and meat-eaters. Have it ready for when you get home and, if you want to throw a bit of animal on the plate, feel free.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 7½ fl oz (225 ml) full-fat coconut milk
- 6 tbsp smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- 14 fl oz (400 ml) vegetable or chicken stock
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 400 g can butter beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Put the red curry paste, coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar, and stock into a slow cooker and stir it together.
- Now add the spring onions, pepper, and courgettes, and put the butter beans or chickpeas on top.
- Cook on the low setting for 6 hours.
- Serve with jasmine Perfect Rice and your fave green veg.