- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 1 cup black rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
How to Make It
- In the Instant Pot, combine the rice, water, ½ cup of the coconut milk, the sugar, and salt.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select manual and set the pot at high pressure for 22 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 15 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Vigorously stir the rice to break up the grains. Slowly add the remaining 1 cup coconut milk, stirring continuously. (You may not need all the coconut milk to reach the desired consistency; let the rice sit for 5 or so minutes before you add all of it, as the rice continues to soak up the coconut milk.)