This is particularly filling in that wholesome way but I can guarantee you it’s delicious too. It’s very quick to put together – you just need to be organised the night before. I keep the skin on the apples and drizzle over some lemon juice as soon as I grate them to stop oxidation. You can of course leave out the vanilla, and use cow’s milk, soy or almond milk if preferred.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 cup (90 g) organic rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 240 ml coconut milk, or milk of choice
- 70 ml natural coconut water
- 0.66 cup (190 g) natural probiotic yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 lemon juice and Finely grated zest
- ½ cup (70 g) sliced strawberries
- ½ cup (70 g) raspberries
- 3 tablespoons blueberries
- 3 tablespoons flaked almonds, lightly toasted
- In a bowl, combine the oats, chia seeds, coconut milk, coconut water, yoghurt and vanilla, if using. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, grate the unpeeled apples into a bowl and immediately toss through the lemon zest and juice. Divide the muesli among 4 bowls, then top with the berries and toasted almonds.