- Yield: 3 (4-ounce 130-ml) jars
- 1 pound (455 g) strawberries, stems removed, chopped into small pieces and then crushed with potato masher
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
How to Make It
- Combine the strawberries, lemon juice, and sugar in a saucepan and cook the mixture over low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Then bring it to a boil. Continue to gently boil the jam, skimming off any foam that rises to the top and stirring until thickened, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Prepare the jars as described below. While the jars are still warm, fill them with jam, leaving about ½ inch (12 mm) of room at the top. Place the lids on the jars and allow the jam to cool before refrigerating it.