Dressed with a simple vinaigrette made from fresh herbs and a good quality extra-virgin olive oil, this salad is as delicious as it is easy to prepare. The dressing will keep in the refrigerator for a couple of days, so consider doubling the recipe to keep some on hand.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 2½ cups multigrain rotini pasta (such as Barilla Plus)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- While pasta cooks, prepare Italian Dressing. Combine dressing and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add pasta and spinach; toss well, and top with cheese. Italian Dressing
- Combine all ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.