This salad can be served either warm or cold. The tartness of the lemon juice and Feta is balanced by sweet sugar and soy sauce.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 6 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 Minutes
- Total Time: 12 Minutes
- 12 ounces packaged soba noodles
- 10 ounces frozen baby peas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoons black pepper
- 6 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- 4 scallions (finely chopped)
How to Make It
- Cook the soba noodles together with the frozen baby peas in a 6-8 quart pot of lightly salted boiling water, for 5-6 minutes, or until the soba noodles are tender.
- While the noodles are cooking, make the dressing. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Using a colander, drain the soba noodles and peas, rinsing them both under cold running tap water. Drain once again.
- Add the soba noodles and peas to the dressing along with the crumbled feta and chopped scallions.
- Sprinkle the salad with a little more black pepper.