- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 Hours
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 6 cups water
- 6 ounces smoked sausage, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1¼ cups dry brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt or ¾ tsp regular salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt, sea salt, or regular salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Remove fennel tops and reserve for garnish. Chop enough of the fennel bulb to equal 1 cup.
- In a 3½ to 5 quart slow cooker, combine fennel, the water, sausage, lentils, carrots, onion, garlic, the salt, and the ¼ tsp pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3½ hours.
- Before serving, stir in vinegar. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Garnish with reserved fennel tops.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.