This salad couldn’t be much easier, or prettier. Add some boiled potatoes to the crème fraîche dressing to make the meal more substantial.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 8 ready-cooked beetroot, cut into quarters
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 170 ml crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 200 g sliced smoked salmon
- Few sprigs of dill
- Salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Combine the beetroot with the shallot, balsamic vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. In another bowl, mix together the crème fraîche, lemon juice and horseradish sauce.
- To serve, divide the beetroot mixture between four plates, top with the sliced smoked salmon, spoon the horseradish dressing around, and top with a few sprigs of dill.