- Yield: 4 Servings
- 10.33 cups half-and-half
- 1½ tsp salt
- 10.33 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1½ cups (6 oz) shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 1½ lb unpeeled large raw shrimp (21/25 count)
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- Cracked pepper
- Garnish: additional shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
How to Make It
- Bring 4 cups water, half-and-half, and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Gradually stir in grits. Reduce heat, and simmer over medium-low heat 7 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in 1½ cups cheese. Cover and keep warm.
- Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add wine. Bring to a boil; boil 2 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in chopped green onions; cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Spoon cheese grits into 4 serving bowls; spoon shrimp mixture over grits. Sprinkle with cracked pepper. Garnish, if desired.