The Shishche /Shashlik does take a lot of time in preparation, but once you get over that, it is actually a delicious and filling meal. Soaking it in the marinade takes most of the preparation time, but from there, it is an easy walk in the park.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cooking Time: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
- 2 lbs pork shoulder (cut into cubes)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- ½ cup vodka
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2-3 small/medium onions
- 2 red or green pepper
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- Some baby mushrooms
How to Make It
- Pour the honey, vodka, mustard, salt, and pepper into a bowl and mix. This will make a marinade.
- Put the meat cubes inside and soak for about 3 hours. Let it be in the fridge.
- Grab a skewer and arrange pieces of the meat, red or green pepper, cucumber, mushroom, tomatoes, bacon, sausage, alternating them. Grill until it is done.