- Yield: 12 Servings
- 1¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of fine salt
- 1/3 cup raw sugar (optional)
- 1 cold banana, peeled and cut in half
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Whisk non-dairy milk and lemon juice together, then set aside to curdle.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar, if using, together in food processor and pulse a few times to ensure even distribution of the ingredients.
- Add banana and let motor run until it has been incorporated and the flour has little pebbles of banana.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and pour in non-dairy milk and optional ingredients (see variations), stirring until just combined.
- Using a wide ¼ c measuring cup, scoop up batter and drop onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until firm to the touch.