Quick and easy to prepare and cook, this classic version of Rome’s finest is a huge hit with everybody that has the pleasure to eat it. Using core Italian herbs and the ubiquitous chicken breast.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 2 Hours
- Total Time: 2 Hours 20 Minutes
- 4 oz (110 g) of finely chopped washed and drained brown mushrooms
- 1 oz (30 g) of freshly grated ginger
- ½ cup (125 ml) of dry white wine
- 6 oz (4 x 170 g) boneless chicken breasts cut into halves
- 2 tbsp of freshly chopped basil
- Tbsp fresh chopped thyme
- Pinch of ground pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2¼ cups (700 g) of chopped tinned Italian tomatoes
- 2 x tbsp Olive oil
- Optional two stalks of spring onion, finely chopped
How to Make It
- Heat olive oil in a large frying-pan over medium heat.
- Add ginger and mushrooms, stirring occasionally cook for 3 minutes until tender.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes, vinegar, wine, ½ tsp salt and a pinch of black pepper.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 12 min until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Next add 1 tbsp basil. Now pre-heat grill.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the thyme, and the remaining tbsp basil, 1/8 tsp pepper and ½ tsp salt.
- Next, coat the chicken with remaining olive oil cooking then sprinkle with the thyme and basil mixture.
- Grill for 5 minutes on each side or until it turns a nice golden brown.
- Remove from grill, plate up and gently cover with tomato mixture and its ready to serve