Crispy oven-baked potatoes are topped with cooked kale and flavored with a layer of melted feta or blue cheese. Try this with a grilled steak or hamburgers.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and cut into 3¾-inch dice (about 5 medium potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups kale (1 bunch, stripped from stalk, chopped into bite-size pieces, and rinsed)
- ¾ cup blue cheese, Gorgonzola, or feta cheese
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the potatoes into an ovenproof serving dish (such as a lasagne pan)—it should fill the container in one layer, but not be overcrowded. Add the olive oil and mix well; sprinkle with salt. Bake, flipping over a few times, until the potatoes are golden and easily pierced with a fork, 40 to 50 minutes, depending on the size of the dice.
- While the potatoes are baking, bring 4 or 5 cups of water to a boil in a wide pot with a lid. Boil the kale, covered, stirring once, for 5 or 6 minutes, until tender. Pour into a strainer—shake the strainer several times to release the steam. When cool, squeeze out any excess water and set aside.
- When the potatoes are done, spread the kale over the potatoes and add a pinch or two of salt over the top of the kale. Distribute the cheese over the top, and place back in the oven for 10 minutes, until hot and the cheese is melted.