In the summer months, when tomatoes are sweet and flavoursome, this makes a great snack any time. Plum tomatoes are the best ones to use preferably those that are vine-ripened in the sun because they keep their shape when roasted.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 12 plum tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 75 ml olive oil
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- salt and black pepper
- 4 thick slices white sourdough bread
- olive oil to drizzle
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 140°C. Halve the tomatoes lengthways.
- Finely chop the garlic and mix with the olive oil in a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes and thyme. Season with black pepper and mix gently together to coat all of the tomato halves with oil.
- Lay them out cut-side up on a baking sheet. Roast for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt.
- Toast the bread.
- Place 6 tomato halves on each piece of toast and drizzle a little more olive oil over the top.