- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 duck breasts
- 2 Boston lettuces, shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- ½ cucumber, seeded and cut into short thin sticks
- 2 tsp shredded lime zest
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut, toasted
For the Dressing
- 2 limes juice
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) fresh gingerroot, grated finely
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Place the duck breasts on a rack set over a roasting pan and roast in the oven for 20–30 minutes, or until cooked as desired and the skin is crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, bean sprouts, bell pepper and cucumber. Cut the cooled duck into slices and add to the salad. Mix well.
- In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, chili sauce, gingerroot, mint, and basil. Add the dressing to the salad and toss well.
- Turn the salad out onto a serving platter and garnish with the lime zest and shredded coconut before serving.