- Yield: 1 Serving
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 60 g pumpkin, cut into small cubes
- 1 frozen medium banana, chopped
- 200 g low-fat plain yoghurt
- ½ cup (125 ml) semi-skimmed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 30 g natural muesli
- 10 g pumpkin seeds
- ½ medium banana, peeled and sliced
How to Make It
- Fill a saucepan with water until 5 cm deep and insert a steamer basket. Cover with a lid and bring the water to the boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium. Add the pumpkin and steam, covered, for 12–15 minutes or until soft. Alternatively, microwave on high for 8–10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place the pumpkin, banana, yoghurt, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- To serve, pour the smoothie mixture into a bowl and top with the muesli, pumpkin seeds and banana.