This vibrant pink topping makes your burger look irresistible. Pickled onions add a sassy sweet-and-sour finish that’s a perfect counterpoint for savory and spicy burgers. Omit the syrup or sugar if you are on a sugar-free diet, but that wee bit of sweetening makes the pickle extra delicious.
- Yield: 10 Servings (2¾ to 3½ ounces, or 80 to 100 g)
- 1 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (120 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (20 g) agave syrup or sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- In a large glass bowl stir together all the ingredients. This will keep refrigerated in sealed jars for 3 to 4 days.