- Yield: 4 Servings
- 100 g asparagus tips
- 100 g broad beans (fresh or frozen)
- 100 g peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- small knob of butter
- 2 spring onions, cut into rounds
- 6 eggs
- ½ tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest (optional)
- 100 g ricotta
- salt and black pepper
How to Make It
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the asparagus tips and boil them for 2 minutes. Remove the asparagus with a slotted spoon and set aside. Bring the water back to the boil, add the beans and peas, then boil for 2 minutes. Drain them thoroughly and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, then add the butter. When the butter has melted, add the spring onions and cook them for 2 minutes. Add the asparagus tips and cook for another few minutes until everything is starting to brown around the edges. Add the beans and peas to the pan.
- Preheat the grill to its highest setting. Beat the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the mint and the lemon zest, if using, into the pan, then pour in the eggs. Dot heaped teaspoons of the ricotta all over the top of the frittata.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the underside is cooked through. Put the pan with the frittata under the preheated grill for a couple of minutes until it is set, puffed up and starting to turn a light golden brown. Remove the frittata from the grill, cut into wedges and serve.