This is the perfect summer salad, filling but fresh and a great accompaniment to any fish dish or simply served solo.
- Yield: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 lb 5 oz (600 g) new potatoes, halved – or quartered, if large
- large knob of butter
- glug of olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced into rings
- 2 fennel bulbs, very thinly sliced with a mandoline or sharp knife
- 2 large oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 hass avocados, sliced
- 9 oz (250 g) rocket (arugula)
- generous glug of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juice
How to Make It
- Put the potatoes into a pan of boiling salted water and cook for 6–7 minutes, then drain and return to the pan to dry out. Place the butter and olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat and add the potatoes, along with the onions and a sprinkle of salt. Cook until golden and cooked through, turning them regularly.
- Combine the fennel, oranges, avocado and rocket in a large serving bowl. In a small jug, make a dressing by mixing the extra virgin olive oil with the lemon juice and seasoning with salt and pepper, then pour over the salad and mix thoroughly. Gently toss through the potatoes and onions, then serve immediately.