If you’re a nut lover you’re in luck here, as long as you prepare this muesli the night before. The combination of nuts, seeds and apple gives a great mix of sweetness and acidity, and the dried pear halves I’ve already waxed lyrical about are just great eating. You might think I’m the nut but I always feel quite virtuous when I’ve been organised enough to make this for the next day’s breakfast.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 65 g sunflower seeds
- 30 g sunflower seeds
- 60 g macadamia nuts
- 75 g blanched almonds
- 2 dried Australian pear halves
- 30 g sultanas
- 1 Pink Lady apple
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup (125 ml) apple juice or verjuice
- ½ cup (140 g) natural probiotic yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- Place the seeds and nuts in separate bowls, cover with cold water and stand overnight. If the pear halves are plump, there’s no need to soak them.
- The following day, drain all the soaked ingredients and rinse through a fine sieve. Transfer to a blender. Add the dried fruit, apple, lemon zest and juices and blend on high until smooth – you may need to add a little water. Stir in the yoghurt.
- To serve, divide among 4 bowls and top with extra yoghurt, if using.