This recipe can be made with green or red enchilada sauce. The chilaquiles are great with plantain or taro chips, but any grain free chips will work fine.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 tbsp of butter, unsalted
- 6 eggs, large
- ½ tsp of salt, sea
- Red enchilada sauce, bottled
- 12 oz of plantain chips or other grain-free type
- 2 cups of cheese shreds, Monterey Jack
- ¼ cup of jalapeños, pickled
- 2 sliced avocados
- ¼ cup of salsa, mild or hot
- ¼ cup of cilantro
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Add the butter to oven-safe, large-sized skillet. Melt butter on med. heat.
- Beat eggs. Pour into skillet. Stir occasionally while cooking till eggs are scrambled. Season eggs with salt and spoon them into a small bowl. Set them aside.
- Place ½ of plantain chips in skillet. Pour sauce (if using) over them. Toss till they are heated.
- Place eggs and ½ of cheese atop chip mixture. Add the rest of the chips on the top.
- Add jalapenos and remaining cheese. Place in oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes, to melt the cheese. Garnish with the salsa, avocados and cilantro. Serve.