This is a delicious soup dish you can make whenever you need something warm on a cold winter’s night. Serve with bread for the tastiest results.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 cups of mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 4 to 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons of quinoa flour
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 2 to 3 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup of quinoa
- 1 lemon, juice only
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- Sriracha sauce, for taste
- Parsley, chopped
How to Make It
- In a pot set over medium to high heat, add in the sliced mushrooms, chopped shallots and minced garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add in the quinoa flour and the chicken broth. Allow to come to a boil. Lower the heat to low and cover. Cook for 20 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked through.
- Add in the lemon juice. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper. Add in the Sriracha sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve with a garnish of chopped parsley.