This quick vegetarian recipe makes breakfast for the whole family in minutes. These muffins will keep in the fridge for a few days or, you could make the mixture ahead of time, store it in the fridge for a day or two, and then bake them as required. Feel free to swap the kale for a similar vegetable, such as spinach, bok choy, or zucchini.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 8 eggs
- 0.66 cup (153 g) plain lactose-free yogurt
- 2 cups (134 g) finely chopped kale
- ½ cup (50 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4). Oil four 12-cup mini muffin pans. Beat the eggs with the yogurt and then add the kale and cheese. Season to taste. Divide the mixture between the muffin pans, filling each cup three-quarters full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until set and cooked through. Let cool for a few minutes and then turn them out onto a wire rack and serve hot or cold. Store leftovers in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.