Mekitsa is made from dough that is deep fried. Flour is combined with egg, yogurt, salt to make the dough. Usually, it is served with jam, sugar, or cheese. Whichever you prefer, know that it is something everyone deserves to try out.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- 1½ flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- ½ cup yogurt
- ¼ tsp salt
How to Make It
- Pour the flour, baking soda, egg, yogurt into a bowl. Add water as much as you need.
- Mold the mixture into soft dough. Cover it and leave for an hour.
- Mold the dough into medium balls. Apply enough oil to your hands.
- Now, mold the balls into round shaped discs.
- Heat the oil in medium heat. Wait it starts sizzling.
- Fry the discs until they turn golden brown.
- You are done. Serve and enjoy.