Artichokes, sundried tomatoes, and fresh thyme flavor this medley of chicken and vegetables, served on a bed of rice.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 10.33 lb (600 g) skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces, about 14 oz (400 g) in total
- 8 oz (225 g) button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup oil-packed sundried tomatoes, diced
- 8 canned artichoke hearts, about 4 oz (120 g) total, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
How to Make It
- In a large wok, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the chicken is white on all sides and the juices run clear. Once the chicken is fully cooked, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- To the same pan, add the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and thyme. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute, then add the asparagus and mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes more, stirring occasionally, or until the mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and artichokes and cook for 3 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Season salt and pepper. Add the cooked chicken to the pan and stir. Remove from heat.
- To assemble the meals, add ½ cup cooked rice to each of 4 containers. Divide the chicken and vegetables evenly among the containers.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.