- Yield: 2 cups
- 2 cups mixed olives with pits
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 orange juice and zest
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves stripped from the stem
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, toasted in a skillet until aromatic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
How to Make It
- Drain the brine from the olives and rinse them under warm water to remove more of the brine. In a medium bowl, combine the drained olives with the oil, orange zest and juice, the rosemary, bay leaves, fennel seeds, and chile flakes. Let the olives marinate at room temperature or in the fridge for at least 1 hour and up to forever.
- Serve the olives at room temperature or straight out of the fridge. Return any leftovers to the fridge, where you can store them until they run out.