This is a particularly luscious smoothie: an irresistible combination of mango and coconut cream with the kick of ginger at the end. I have very fond memories of the Parap Markets in Darwin where there was such an exciting variety of mango smoothies on offer, and we felt it was only right to try as many as we could in the interests of market research! It was the perfect food to enjoy in that tropical heat.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 3 cm piece ginger, peeled
- 2 limes juice and Finely grated zest
- 1 ripe mango (about 200 g flesh)
- 200 ml natural coconut water
- 150 g banana
- 80 g ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients in the jug of a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into 4 glasses and serve immediately.