- 2 racks of baby back ribs
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- Mesquite charcoal for the grill
- Your choice of BBQ sauce (optional)
How to Make It
- Make a seasoning blend to taste. Put it in and stir until it’s one color. Take the mustard and lightly rub your ribs down first. Then you take your dry rub and mix it on top of the mustard. Make sure your ribs are dried off at room temperature for the best results. Take a baking sheet or pan, place them down with the bone sticking up and bake them at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Get them started in the oven and start on your other sides. Once they turn light brown, take them out. We face them down so they don’t lose their juices. You want to cook them in their own juices because you can’t dry it out.
- You should have your grill going now. Take them out of the oven and place them face down so you can seer them in that good juice. Flip them over, smoke them, grill them over mesquite charcoal for about an hour until the bone starts sticking out or you can pull out the bone. Make sure they don’t go over 400 degrees and keep some water on your hand. Don’t burn your shit because we can’t help you then. As you’re grilling, pour the Coca-Cola over it gradually.
- Take them off, cut them up, place them back in the oven covered with a little bit of water to steam for another 20 minutes at 425 degrees. You can eat them with barbecue sauce on the side but we guarantee you don’t need sauce.