- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Hours
- 1 lb dried baby lima beans
- 9 cups water
- 2 (8-oz) cans low-sodium tomato sauce
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Place dried beans in large stockpot. Cover with 9 cups water. Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow beans to stand for 1 hour, covered.
- Return to the stovetop, keep covered, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and continue cooking for 2½-3 hours, or until beans are tender. Drain.
- Place drained, cooked beans in the slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and stir together well.
- Cover and cook on High 1 hour, and then cook on Low 4–5 hours.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.