These potatoes are delicious with gravy, but really don’t need any topping because they are so creamy and good! A wonderful make-ahead dish that travels well too.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 5 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and halved
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 16 oz container low-fat sour cream
- 8 oz pkg. reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, sliced
- Optional: additional butter, snipped fresh chives
How to Make It
- Cover potatoes with water in a deep stockpot; add bouillon and garlic salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat; drain in a colander. Return potatoes to the same pot and mash. Add remaining ingredients except butter; mix well. Spoon potato mixture into a greased 13"x9" baking pan; dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. If top browns too quickly, cover with aluminum foil for the last 10 minutes. To make ahead, allow unbaked potato mixture to cool slightly; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes; uncover and bake as directed. Garnish as desired.