Greek style “Gemista”, Stuffed tomatoes and red capsicums filled with rice.
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup cauliflower florets
- 1/3 cup soaked peeled almonds
- ½ cup marinated mushrooms
- ¼ cup zucchini diced
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of black ground pepper
- A handful of spinach
- 3 tbsp finely chopped white onion
- 2-3 tsp fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 5-6 slices of black olives
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soaked black sesame
- A handful of fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Tomato pulp from the empty tomatoes
- 4-5 tomatoes
- 4-5 red bell peppers
How to Make It
For Rice Fill
- Marinate for 2 hours the mushrooms, the broccoli, the spinach and the cauliflower with salt, oil, lemon and tamari.
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse a few times, avoiding melting the mixture. Transfer into a glass bowl and let the mixture stay for 2 hours.
- Apply on a dehydrator sheet and dehydrate the rice for 2 hours. For Vegetables
- With a spoon remove the inside part of the bell peppers and the tomatoes.
- Keep the stuff you removed from the tomatoes and mix it with the rest of the filling ingredients.
- Fill the empty vegetables with the rice you just made.