- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1¼ cups (295 ml) grade A dark maple syrup
- ¾ cup (177 ml) grapeseed oil
- ½ cup (100 g) packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups (180 g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups (180 g) rye flakes
- 1 cup (150 g) raw almonds
- ½ cup (100 g) raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup (100 g) raw pepitas
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
How to Make It
- Position two racks in the center zone of your oven and preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the maple syrup, grapeseed oil, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, simmer for 2 minutes, then remove the mixture from the heat.
- In a large heatproof bowl, toss together the remaining ingredients. Add the hot maple syrup mixture. Stir with a heatproof spatula or wooden spoon until every piece of seed and grain has been coated with the syrup.
- Divide the granola and spread over the two prepared baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes undisturbed, then carefully stir once every 15 minutes for 1 hour. Rotate the pans top to bottom and front to back at the 45-minute mark. Bake until the grains are toasted and the granola has a golden-brown color and dry texture. Cool the granola completely before storing in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 1 month.