- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 kg chicken wings, tips removed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- sprinkling of sesame seeds, to serve
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 cm fresh root ginger, peeled
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
How to Make It
- Blitz all the marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor to make a fairly smooth paste. Rub this over the wings and put them on a wire rack. Leave the wings to marinate in the fridge for at least a couple of hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Remove the wings from the fridge and allow them to come to room temperature. Place the wire rack in a roasting tin and roast the wings for 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
- Mix the oil with the teriyaki sauce to make the glaze. Remove the wings from the oven and brush them with glaze, then sprinkle over a few sesame seeds. Roast the wings for another 20 minutes until they’re well browned and glossy. Yummy!