The best thing about using a slow cooker is how it allows all the flavors of a dish to marry. In Ginger Peach Chicken, a bit of red onion brings the bite while juicy peaches perfectly balance out the ginger and soy sauce. The end result is a dish you can’t resist!
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 Hours
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen peach slices
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Label a 1-gallon freezer bag, place it in another large bowl, and pour in the mixture. Squeeze the remaining air out of the bag and seal it. Lay the bag flat to freeze. Serving Day
- Allow the chicken to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. On serving day, pour the mixture into the slow cooker, cover it, and cook on low for 7–8 hours.