You can make this raw salad several hours ahead of time and it will pickle itself into deliciousness. This was adapted from a recipe by food truck chef Venus Van Horn of Magical Meatball Tour in Kansas City.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn
- 2 medium-size zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 finely chopped jalapeño pepper, seeded and membranes removed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Cut the kernels from the corn into a medium bowl. Toss with the zucchini, jalapeño pepper, and parsley.
- Pour the lime juice and olive oil into a jar, close the lid, and shake to blend.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- Cover and keep at room temperature for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours, or until ready to serve.