- 18 ounces (500 g) cod or catfish
- ½ cup (75 g) coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup (75 g) almonds, finely chopped
- ½ cup (50 g) pecans, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Make It
- Rinse fish and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut into 3- to 4-inch (7–9 cm) lengths. Try to make them all the same thickness.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (235°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flower, garlic powder, and black pepper. Place the finely chopped nuts on a small plate and whisk the eggs in a medium bowl until they begin to froth.
- Coat the fish in the flour mixture and pat to get rid of excess. Dip the floured fish into the egg and then into the chopped almonds. Press the fish into the almonds to they stick well on all sides.
- Place strips on well-oiled baking sheet. Use the olive oil to drizzle on each and bake for about 20 minutes. They’ll be golden brown and ready to go.