This is the perfect summer combination. It doesn’t only work as a breakfast dish but is also great as a refreshing side dish for barbecues and red meat.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 7¾ oz (220 g) feta
- 5 generous slices of watermelon, cut into rough chunks
- 2 handfuls of blueberries
- 2 handfuls of blackberries
- handful of mint leaves, shredded
- generous drizzle of honey
- 4 cooked beetroot (beets), cut into small wedges
- thick Greek-style yogurt and ground cinnamon, to serve optional
How to Make It
- Crumble the feta into a large serving bowl, then add the watermelon, berries, mint and honey. Mix well, so the honey coats everything.
- Spoon into individual serving bowls, then add the beetroot (this keeps it from looking messy and stops everything getting covered in beetroot juice). If you like, add a dollop of yogurt and a light dusting of cinnamon.