- Yield: 6 Servings
- Kosher salt
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed, cored, and thinly sliced
- ½ cup fennel fronds, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup toasted Mediterranean pine nuts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 finely grated lemon zest and juice (about 3 tablespoons juice)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups elbow macaroni (about 12 ounces)
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
How to Make It
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a serving bowl, combine the fennel and fronds, pine nuts, mint, lemon zest and juice, and pepper flakes. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and ½ cup oil. Season the dressing with salt and pour over the fennel mixture. Let it sit while you cook the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain, rinse, and pat dry on a sheet pan lined with a kitchen towel. In a large bowl, toss with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add the pasta to the fennel mixture and sprinkle with the cheese. Toss well and serve at room temperature.